Saturday, October 30, 2010

Super Why

This is our little Super Why (previously known as the Little Man).
If you don't know who Super Why is, I'm not surprised, unless you have a toddler, then I would be surprised. As one kid from our ward said, he's an 'educational super hero".

Hey, if my kid knew who Superman or Batman was, maybe we would have chosen a different superhero, but my kid LOVES Super Why.

It's a good thing he loves Super Why so much, because he's had to wear this costume A LOT in the last 2 weeks. I had no idea a 2 year old could cause Halloween to last so long.
First, there was the Harvest Party at church. This year they had it pretty early, the middle of October. I'm not sure why this is the only picture I took of the party. There were a ton of kids, lots of games and candy, and everyone seemed to have a really fun time.
Earlier this week we carved our own pumpkin. Our own pumpkin that we (Justin) grew in our own garden. The Little Man wasn't so sure about all of the 'guts', but he seemed to enjoy watching dad carve and then light it.

Next came our "Happy Halloween Party" as the Little Man called it. I'm not sure why I decided to throw a neighborhood party, but I did, and it was also really fun. Again, I didn't take the best pictures of the whole group, but these were the kids who came to play games, do a few crafts, and eat sugar. Like every good Happy Halloween Party should have.


The evening of the neighborhood party we went to Mimi and Papa's house to show them the kids costumes since they were heading out of town. The kids weren't very cooperative with the pictures, and I missed the little scarecrow, but here is Cinderella and Super Why.



Friday we visited Aunt Jodi and Grandpa Hardcastle at their offices. The Little Man learned what Trick or Treating was. He was pretty good at it too! He started grabbing handfuls of candy if we didn't keep an eye on him. He was always very polite about it though, he was sure to say, Trick or Treat, Happy Halloween, and Thank You after grabbing chocolate.

We had a small incident with a "Scary Face" at Jodi's work. There was a guy dressed up as an army dude from Toy Story, and for some reason it really scared him. He was almost shaking he was crying so hard from the Scary Face. It took a few minutes, but he calmed down and we made it through the rest of the bank without any problems.


Jodi was Etch a Sketch.
After the office visits we had dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Hardcastles. And... pumpkin carving. Justin wanted to try something a little different.

It turned out pretty awesome.
We finally made it to actual trick or treating, which in our neighborhood was done tonight. I had to play at a baptism, so Justin took the Little Man around with some friends around the neighborhood. Here's a shot of them before it started pouring rain.
Seriously, I'm exhausted, and I didn't even dress up once.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Super Why is so cute! I love the pumpkins.
    Mel, we need to get together soon since the babe is coming sooner than later. I need to check up on how things are! ;)

    ReplyDelete