Monday, November 1, 2010

Nablopomo

It's National Blog Posting Month. Nablopomo. I've tried this a few times, and I've been successful... maybe never, but I've come close. I think I'll give it a try again this year. It might help me keep my mind off a certain event that is approaching, too slowly most days, and other days it seems to quick.

A friend of mine posted this list, a week or so ago, and I bookmarked it, hoping it might give some inspiration on the days when I have none. (Like today -WHY did I already post about Halloween??)

I'm not going to go in any kind of order, so today will be Day 8, short term goals for this month and why.

I really needed to do this, and will probably make a check list (thanks, mom) to help me get everything done this month. Here's the why... the baby is coming! Most days I feel totally over this pregnancy -I'm just done. I'm getting bigger, more uncomfortable, unable to sleep, and although things don't magically get better right after the baby comes... it's a step in the right direction.

Here's a short list of my main goals for the month:
-Laundry. I've found all of the neutral baby clothes, now I just need to wash them and get them hung up. Which also means I need to go through the clothes currently in the Little Man's closet, put away the old ones, and move his current clothes into his new room.

-Dinner. My goal is to have a minimum of 30 frozen meals in my freezer before the baby. We went through and have eaten all of the last batch, so I've got my work cut out for me. I need to start stocking up on hamburger/turkey and chicken. Any good recipe's you haven't already shared, please do so.

-Holidays. I'm about half way done with presents for Christmas. Which, for our family, also includes about 10 birthday gifts. I'm not kidding, between November to January, we have half of our family having birthdays, and I'm just adding to the problem this year. I need to have all of Christmas/birthday gifts purchased and possibly even wrapped by the end of the month. My tree will go up right after Thanksgiving, which I'm really looking forward to this year. I bought a new (pre-lit) tree last year.
Oh, and to NOT commit myself to any holiday get-togethers this year. I tried that when I had the Little Man 6 days before Thanksgiving. It didn't work, and it was a Thanksgiving I will never forget (and not for the good reasons).

-Exercise. This is just an on-going goal. I've managed to walk about 3 miles every day during this pregnancy. And now that it's colder weather, I've become a mall-walker. I also get to the prenatal water aerobics at least once a week, although I try for twice a week.

-Other baby stuff. Like, preregister at the hospital, update our birth plan, finish re-reading the Bradley book, continue with the specific exercises that go along with it, etc. I've only got about 40 more days, which sort of freaks me out a bit. I'm sure I'm missing things that should be on this list, but it's a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment