Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Recap -without pictures.

We had a small (hopefully) problem with our media drive that houses ALL of our pictures.  It crashed.  I know we should have backed them up, and believe me, when it is finally returned to us (and we are $200-$1,000 poorer) I will do just that.  So, for now, I'm going to do my traditional year end review without pictures.  I have to re-find all of the pictures anyway when I make our printed books, so I suppose I'll just leave it like this on the blog.

January
Our blog went private -so I felt like I could share a few more personal things.  Mostly things about Justin.  Since he has more than a few jobs and other ventures he was always afraid of putting too much on here that was available for everyone.  He actually accepted his commission for the Navy the month before, but by January  it was official and he had his first drill weekend as a Naval Officer in the Reserves.

We had our first mini family vacation with Kate.  It was a Hardcastle family snowmobile trip.  The first night was great.  The full day we were there was a different story.  Grandma Hardcastle's machine ran into Justin's.  A first-responder snowmobile, ambulance ride to the hospital, then a ride to McKay Dee hospital with me and Kate, and finally emergency surgery ended that first day.  My dad had to settle up with the resort (that wasn't a pretty site) but got to the hospital right after my mom went into surgery.  She still hasn't recovered 100%, and might not -too much nerve damage.  It definitely took a second seat to her issues later this year though.

February
Kate's blessing and pneumonia for Hyrum.  Justin and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary.  I'm not sure if we truly celebrated, a new born and a sick 2 year old probably kept it a little low-key.

March
I turned 31.  Gulp, no hiding the fact that I'm in my thirties.  (Now I'm nearly 32).  Hyrum said goodbye to Buddy.  It was pretty rough for a while, but now he doesn't even remember his best friend.  It was warm enough for a few trips to the park and zoo.

April
Kate became somewhat mobile -started rolling.  We started toilet training with Hyrum.

May
Jodi and Trevor got married.  Kate started eating solid food and Hyrum had the time of his life meeting the REAL Thomas the Train and going for a ride.

June
Family pictures.  Sometimes I wonder if I give my friend Terra too much credit from Magnifique Photography.  Then I have another session with her, and I realize I don't.  She's amazing.
It was finally summer.  We couldn't get enough time this summer, our little back yard, parks, the zoo, anything to get outside during the day.

July
Zoo, sprinklers, fishing, camping, Lagoon, digging in the dirt, and airplanes.  It was a little boy's dream.  We took full advantage of the summer.

August
More camping.  A visitor from Brazil.  More trips to the zoo, the park, and singing in front of a Senator for Harvest Days.  Grandpa Hardcastle was called to be the bishop, and Justin was missing for 2 weeks.  He happened to be in Rhode Island during Hurricane Irene, which just so happened to go through Rhode Island.  A few days without power but they survived, and so did we -without dad.

September
Kate's crawling -and just like her brother- she doesn't stop for anything.  She also figured out how to climb. Oh, how I wished for a baby that was content to stay on the ground for a few minutes!
Mom had her weekend off -going to Swiss Days with the girls.  We had a weekend vacation with the Gough's in Park City and another weekend in Jackson Hole with the Hardcastles.

October
We had our annual Hardcastle Pumpkin carving contest.  Dad won again.  Wonder what he'll come up with next year.  Hyrum dressed up as a train -or a train conductor since he couldn't carry the train around for long.  Kate was a fairy princess.  They both got WAY too much candy at Mimi's work and Grandma and Grandpa's ward trunk and treat.  Luckily most of it ended up in my piano candy bowl.

November
It's a wild ride from November until after Christmas every year.  Kate started walking.  Hyrum turned 3. Both kids slept over at Grandma and Grandpa Lafeen's for the first time while dad and I went out with the Goughs to a nice steak house.

I received my Young Women's in Excellence award (as a leader) and was released from the Young Women's presidency later in the month.

We had a new nephew born (on 11/11/11), Konner Marley Gough.  We got a free dinner on Veterens' Day.  Two Thanksgiving Dinner's and a birthday for Justin.

My mom had a scheduled back surgery to repair and remove a few disc's which proved far from routine 2 weeks later.

December
My mom ended up back in the hospital with an infection at the incision site. She ended up with spinal meningitis, had another surgery to clean out the infection and stayed in the hospital for nearly a week.  After all the antibiotics, not eating or drinking because she felt so sick and some anti-inflammatory's for pain, she ended up back in the hospital because of impaired kidney functioning.  She was out after another week and seems to finally be on the mend.

Justin had to be in California for a couple of days for work, and at the last minute I decided to go and meet him there -for one evening.  Bryan and Haley stayed with the kids, and I flew out at 10am one day and was home by 2 pm the next.  I spent most of the day in Disneyland (by myself) but met Justin there for a few rides and fireworks.

Little Miss turned ONE!  With the help of a couple of friends and 3 nights work we had a great cake.  Thanks to technology my mom 'attended' the party via facetime on my parents new iPad's.

We survived another Christmas.  This one was just as busy, but I managed to enjoy it and not get too stressed out by all of the places we needed to be and people we were meant to be with.  Hyrum really enjoyed being with his family and didn't mind all the new presents either.

New Years Eve?  Well, the day was spent trying to organize and clean (we're trying to make a dent in our basement so we can work on getting it finished this year).  And tonight Justin and I are on separate computers, mostly watching a movie, and with any luck will be asleep by 10:30.

Here's to 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment