Friday, December 2, 2011

Spontaneous

This is not one of my strong suits.  I like schedules and routines.  I get anxious when things don't go to plan -even small things.  I remember a spur of the moment trip over spring break when I turned 21.  A friend was going to St. George and Las Vegas -and it was going to be a super cheap trip.  Vegas on your 21st birthday?  Even for a non-drinker I didn't want to pass that up.  I got rid of my extra shifts at work and left.  It was an awesome week.

But, usually I'm much more responsible and a bit slow to make decisions.

Except for yesterday.

Justin found out earlier in the week he needed to go on a 2 day training next week in California.  While making travel arrangements he realized he'd be 5 minutes from Disneyland.  A short discussion later and I was texting (and even facebooking) to find someone to watch the kids for a day.  Literally, one day.  We found a flight where I'll leave at 11am and get home the next day at 1pm.  Haley and Bryan are going to 'play house' and stay with the kids for about 24 hours.  With a little help Tuesday morning from Shondel.  I'm getting pretty excited.  The kids will get to stay at their own house -which helps, and I get a full 24 hours away.  In Disneyland.  Where the high will be 68 degrees.

Maybe I should be spontaneous more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment