Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Years

I've really struggled posting on the blogs lately, which is why Christmas was actually posted in January, and this is so late as well. 

Luckily, pictures (from my phone and new camera) stand as a great reminder of what I've missed and need to catch up on. 

I've always done a recap of the year, and will probably still get to it. However, I thought I'd at least attempt to start the new year on the right foot with a couple of goals. 

2013 will be an interesting year for our family, to say the least. Mostly because Justin will be away for most of it. I'm sure there will be many highs and lows during the year, which is no different from any other year. 

I'll start with the kids... (I guess these are still my goals, but they pertain to the kids). 

Hyrum: practice writing and reading. Reading can be done every day... I'll be a bit more realistic and put the writing practice at 5 days a week. 
Less time with the iPad and more time just playing. 
Learn the primary songs for the program in the fall. 

Kate: oh boy, I'm scared to even write this one down... But potty training will probably be our big obstacle this year. Even better? I get to do it alone this time. 
Reading and writing. Hyrum had zero interest in writing and even coloring at her age, but she loves it. Might as well start that with her too. 
Less screaming, more talking. You can always dream, right?

Milo: sleep. That's it buddy, your only goal is sleeping through the night and getting on a set schedule for naps. 
I'm sure he'll insist on solid food, learning how to roll over, crawl, and walk... But that'll happen despite my best efforts to keep him immobile. 

And for me???


As if I need to mention this one... but lose weight.  I really just want to be at a place where I won't hate our family pictures we'll be taking in February.  Then I'll take a look at a realistic goal after that.  

I'm going to do Project 365 this year.  Well, I'm going to take at least one picture a day.  I decided on this one because Justin will be gone, and I need to make sure we're providing pictures and videos during that time.  I'm hoping to keep track of what picture happened on what day on my phone, but I'm hoping to start using my actual camera more and post them on the blog every week (or two).  

I think I'll come up with another couple of goals... but for now, I'm caught up on blogs, and I just got Milo to sleep, so that's where I'm headed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment