Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Week One (+ a day)

So... week one of Project 365, or at least taking a picture every day was a success.  (Good thing for iPhones, but I've used my new camera a lot more as well).

Jan 1
Kate hanging out with Dad.

Jan 2
We went on a drive over to a cemetery near the University of Utah to see the deer that hang out around there.  One of them was about ready to jump in the van with us.

Jan 3
Back to school for Hyrum after the Christmas break.  Yay for Hyrum and for us.  

Jan 4
Justin and I went to see Les Miserables.  I love Les Mis.  Love, love, love it.  I don't know why, maybe because I grew up listening to it, or saw it at a fairly young age on the stage.  I've read the abridged and unabridged book, and the story as well as the music just moves me.  It was interesting seeing it this time.  Although I've continued to listen to the music, I haven't seen it (on stage) since I became a mother.  I found myself identifying more with Jean Valjean, as a parent, near the end of the movie.  It's just a beautiful story, I don't think I'll ever tire of it.  


Jan 5 
Jodi's birthday gift.  There was a bit of a personal story behind this picture.  Before Christmas I caught the end of a Young Women's lesson and they had this picture displayed.  They were talking about Mary, the mother of Jesus.  It occurred to me, and I shared with the young women, that Mary would have been an immensely faithful and virtuous woman.  My guess is she would have been tried and tested beyond what we obviously have record of, and stayed faithful and true to her self and the commandments.  While I was sitting there looking at this beautiful picture I felt like that's what I was supposed to give my sister for her birthday.  I can't say I've received that sort of inspiration towards a gift, but I did, and followed it.  It was either this... or a gift card to The Gap.  

Jan 6
Jodi's birthday with the Hardcastles on Sunday.  I made Tres Leches cupcakes.

Jan 7
My new doctor's office.  I didn't hate her.  In fact, she was very nice and understanding.  I still hope it will only be for this year though.  (Don't you like my new Toms?  I don't often complain about winter weather, but I was never meant to wear socks and shoes all day every day.  Which is why I had no socks on and the temperature hasn't been above freezing for over a week).


Jan 8
After we dropped Hyrum off at school Kate insisted an wearing her helmet and glasses.  Okay, whatever!



Only 547 more days to go!

1 comment:

  1. I almost never wear socks. Hate them. Makes my feet feel claustrophobic.

    ReplyDelete