Thursday, July 26, 2007

I'm not that dedicated

This morning Yvette (my old roommate -I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned her on my blog) and I were at spinning class. Yeah, I'm sure you're all a little surprised (as am I) that I've stuck with the class this long after my first post (6/12/07). But I have... and I'm there at least once or twice a week-never more than that.

Back to this morning... almost 50 minutes into the workout the power went out. Lights... Music... Microphone, and MOST important... the Fans! So, I'm thinking, 'YES! short workout, I'm about out of steam anyway'. Nope. We kept going. And going. In fact, we even finished late. By the time we managed to cool down, clean our machine, and feel our way out of the dark, dank, and by now REALLY smelly room, it was about 6:50. A full 5 minutes later than usual.

And for those of you who are thinking that 5 minutes isn't long... try spending those 5 minutes in a hot, dark, dank, and smelly room doing sprints on a torturous spinning bike.

2 comments: