Monday, July 30, 2007

The Times in Which We Live

Be prepared, I'm in kind of a somber mood...in reality this is mostly for me to get what I'm thinking out of my mind for the time being...

Relatively speaking, I am a child. Perhaps not by earthly standards, but in my own mind I recognize a completely childish understanding of all things eternal. While we strive on a daily basis to force our minds into a spiritual frame, there are so many lessons that pass us by. The past couple days I've been reminded of some general themes that have presented themselves several times throughout the past eight years since I accepted to follow the gospel.

People are so complex...and it is really amazing when you think about the omniscience of God. That He is able to see us all for what we are, how we came to be that way, and what we will experience by the end of the instant of life we experience here.

I still keep in contact with people from my mission. I love them, as missionaries always do. Yet, I see them as I see myself: a convert to truth. Sometimes I wonder which one of them I will be...Their many examles that pass through my head...

...will I stay strong through the worst that life has to offer?
...will I fall away because of another person offending me?
...will I lose the feelings of the spirit?

I know that I've been given the knowledge and conviction that is in me, and if I were to ever withdraw myself from it, I know beyond doubt that I would be wrong. I am grateful for the Spirit of Truth.

I'll save the other theme in my mind for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment