Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A sight for sore eyes

... and body.

I actually made it to the gym today. I haven't been for about 3 months -the longest stretch for almost 5 years. We actually let our gym membership run out right before the Little Man was born. With a really big check coming on Friday (all of my vacation hours) we figured we could take advantage of the savings when you buy a few years at a time.

With the new membership we can use the daycare, so I took the Little Man with me. I only worked out for about 40 minutes, and I think he did okay, but I was a little nervous. They have a nanny cam -but you can only see the older kids playing, not the section where they have the infants. That didn't keep me from staring at the TV the whole time though, trying to see him.

I think I'll use it from time to time, but we might stick with having Justin watch him for an hour or so... at least until he's a little bit older. It made me realize how grateful that I don't have to go back to work and for the (really) short time I went back we had family willing to take him (Thanks Shondel -I still owe you lunch or something for watching him that day).

Sorry mom.. no new photo's, I guess you'll have to come and see him tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Doesn't it feel great to get back into it! Did you renew your Gold's membership?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh bought a gym membership a month before Essie was born. Hee, hee, hee! He has never used it since she was born, luckily the place went out of business a few months ago so the membership is gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a Gold's around the corner that I have been thinking about joining because it is impossible to use the treadmill while Eva is awake. She wants to get on but I am apprehensive about the babysitting to. I think I wouldn't be able to enjoy it and would be staring at the nanny cam the whole time.

    ReplyDelete