Monday, February 16, 2009

Yet another cake

My parents have been married for 30 years. Yep... that's right THIRTY years. That's quite an accomplishment. Jodi thought it would be fun to have family over to celebrate, so that's what we did yesterday.
I made the cake, Jodi did the party favors and got the other goodies (along with my parents, since she was a little laid up from a recent surgery), and the rest of the participants provided the entertainment.

We came up with some newlywed game-type questions to see how well my parents new each other (along with the rest of the couples -including my grandparents who have been married for almost 54 years).

I should have written down some of the answers, because they were pretty funny.

When asked 'who hogs the bed covers' my dad answered no one, and my mom said Kim. They both said that my dad would pay off the house if he came into a large sum of money, and agreed that my mom's dream car is a big truck (which she currently is driving). A few of the questions weren't matched up so well, my dad said their favorite vacation was Colorado, while my mom chose New Zealand, and neither of them could remember what they gave each other for their 1st anniversary. My mom figured my dad would want his cell phone on a desert island (for his scriptures and music)... while my dad opted for something a little more practical, an umbrella.

I think it was a fun evening, and everyone was a good sport by playing along (even my grandpa!). The Little Man was, as expected, the hit of the party... enjoy some pictures if him in a Valentines outfit.
And... to answer Haleys question (someone else asked me too)... the countdown is for Phoenix. Me and the boy are flying to see my friend Kathy next month.

2 comments: