Tuesday, March 3, 2009

One of THOSE moments

I've heard the stories growing up in church. Someone realizes they weren't charged the full price while looking at their receipt or their kid was playing with a toy and they forget to pay for it. It had never happened to me though.

Today the Little Man and I went to the store for a few last minute items before our trip on Thursday (Yes, it might be warm (50's) and windy here, but in two days it'll be 80 degrees and sunny!). I wanted to buy a real binky and not one of the hospital ones we've been using. Or, NOT using. As a previous thumb-sucker, I'm doing all I can to encourage the binky, but he doesn't seem to like it much. Not to mention, we needed to find a few things that Justin can eat while I'm gone -Wendy's can get a little old after 5 days.

I went in for 6 things, and as usual, came out with 3 bags worth (re-usable bags -they hold a lot more). Since going into a store requires ALOT of stuff when you have a little baby- carrier, diaper bag, wallet, bags... my cart is nearly full when I start shopping. I'm actually surprised this hasn't happened already.

As I'm loading the bags into the car, I notice the binky's, underneath the diaper bag. I finished loading the grocery's and head back to the store. It's windy, as I previously mentioned, and the package that was sitting on the carrier blew off. So, on my way to pay for the binky's I had just stolen, I had to first chase them down in the parking lot. I paid and we finally left the store.

So now, I have one of those stories about doing the right thing, even if you can get away with it.

To be completely honest... I don't know what I would have done if I had found them at home or something. I'd like to say I'd go back and pay for them, and I probably would have... eventually. One trip to the store is a lot in one day. Maybe I would have sent Justin.

Oh... can't have a post without a picture, now can we?

3 comments:

  1. He's so cute.. way to combat the digit sucking ;) Wish Peyton would cut it out..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cute pictures... have fun on your trip! Travel safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job. You never would have let him use them if they were stolen merchandise.

    ReplyDelete