Friday, March 27, 2009

Window shopping

I'm not much of a 'shopper'. Maybe if I was skinnier and had an obscene amount of money, I'd enjoy it more.

Since having the Little Man, I do almost NO shopping. I barely even browse the clothing section of Target while walking towards the formula aisle.


I used to have a (severe) problem with internet shopping.


Me and Amazon.com were BEST friends (along with the credit card company that got all of my interest for a couple of years). Since getting my finances in order (and getting married, but trying to get my finances in order did come first) I don't do much internet shopping anymore.


Except for Christmas. 75% of the last couple years of Christmas gifts have been delivered right to my door.


So... I've actually enjoyed researching and finding my next purchase. A new camera. My current digital camera was free (from Justin's work) and wasn't a bad little camera 3 years ago. It's NOT a good little camera anymore, and since the Little Man has come around, I feel like it's important to have a decent camera. (Okay, I just really want one).


I decided early on I would either get a Nikon or a Canon. Somewhere deep inside I secretly wish I knew more about photography and would like to become more skilled at taking pictures.


That does not mean I could justify getting an SLR camera (and the price tag that comes along with it) but I did think I could handle a nice point and shoot with an option to use manual settings.


First I thought I wanted a larger camera, but then I figured that if it was going to get used, it would need to be pretty compact.


There are at least 50 other features I wanted or did not want, and I won't bore you with the details. I finally settled on this.

It's a Canon sx200 IS.

Only problem is... I can't seem to buy it anywhere. The Canon website says it will be released March 2009, and last time I checked... we're about 5 days away from it NOT being March 2009. I found a couple of websites (claiming) to have the camera -and for super cheap. One google search later, and I found out these companies will take my money, and I'll never see a product (yes, not only do I research the items I want, I check out the companies too!).

So, I get on Amazon.com every day -and sometimes twice to see if it's for sale yet. I can pre-order it there, but I kind of want to know it's in stock first.

I guess I'm learning patience, but the thing is, I've been saving all of my Christmas and Birthday money to get a new camera. I've already learned patience. What I want is to learn how to use my new camera!

3 comments:

  1. Try abesofmaine.com - we have used them for all of annie's cameras. Reasonable and fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know once you go canon you can never switch over to the dark side of Nikon. And I believe they may have it at Costco.

    Nice megapixel as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do have it at costco but I'd have to pay sales tax. I ordered it on saturday from an out od state seller so I hope it gets here soon.

    ReplyDelete