Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Dinner, (no) show, and a ring.

The other night Justin and I went out on a date. This isn't really a new or uncommon occurrence. Between going to dinner and/or a movie, or just the gym, we go out at least once a week. This night we actually got mildly dressed up, spent a little bit more than usual, and went to The Roof for dinner.

Dinner was great (we saw Elder Scott also dining that night) -nice food, nice view, nice atmosphere. The problem came when we got the check. We immediately gave the waitress our card with the bill... and waited. And waited. And then we waited some more. I'm not exaggerating when I say that she didn't bring it back for over 25 minutes. Which, would have been fine, if Justin hadn't bought tickets to a light show at the Clark Planetarium. A light show -not a movie, where you can come in late and sit on the front row.

I finally left to go and get the car and waited right by the door when Justin (5 or 10 minutes later) came out. It was too late though. So... the price of dinner essentially went up another $20. Not very cool.

I guess the evening was nearly saved because we stopped by the mall before going home. Particularly, we stopped here. Yes... after more than 6 months, I'm going to be wearing my wedding ring again. I'm pretty excited. On top of that, we found out that a ring Justin was given has some pretty nice diamonds in it (possibly a nice necklace or earrings in the future) AND they gave me a new watch battery for free.

We didn't have to pay for the ring to be re-sized OR the watch battery... so I guess that makes up for the missed show tickets.

1 comment:

  1. One of the prongs on my ring was barely off set and a couple weeks ago I noticed that I could tap the diamond and it would move in the setting. They had to make a new one and I've been ringless for 3 weeks...it's suppose to be done Saturday. We'll see. I'm glad you're getting your ring back!

    ReplyDelete