Thursday, April 30, 2009

Stay away from milk products

I just got off the phone with someone from the Little Man's doctor's office.

We went in 20 days ago to make sure his cold/cough/fever wasn't RSV. We saw a random doctor, who said it was probably just a cold, he looked okay, but would send in a sample -just in case.

I can't remember why, but I was talking to OUR doctors nurse a few days following that appointment and she said the Little Man was fine, the sample was negative for RSV.

So... 20 days later, someone called from the random doctor (not sure if was his secretary or nurse) to tell me "the good news" -he didn't have RSV.

Thank you. Just for the record, I wouldn't have waited almost 3 weeks to see if my son had a contagious respiratory virus.

The best part?

I wanted to double check that it was still normal for the Little Man to still have a little cough. She said it was, and to stay away from milk products and stick with clear liquids.

My response? Well, he's only 5 months old. So... he's pretty much ONLY eating milk products, and a little rice cereal.

I know we're not your regular patient, but could you at least LOOK at the patient you're calling about?

No comments:

Post a Comment