Thursday, August 20, 2009

A blogging 'funk'

I think my week has been full of the Little Man because I haven't had anything to to say (other than baby stuff).

There MUST be something else going on in my life.

I'm pretty sure my little Subaru is going to live to see another summer. I've got to get it registered this week, but we replaced the radiator and is seems to be doing fine. And by 'we' I mean Justin's uncle went to the junk yard, found a radiator that would work and fixed it for us.

I started a diet. I figured I really need to lose some weight so I can get fat (pregnant) again in the future. It's pretty rough, but extremely effective. I've lost a total of 7 lbs since I started, and it hasn't been that long. But, since it's a pretty low calorie plan, if I'm a bit more ornery and tired if and when you see me, you'll know why.

We're done with our summer vacations and I'm pretty content to be home more. Not Justin. I think in the last week and a half we've almost booked 3 different trips. My husband, the traveler.

We have a busy weekend ahead of us. And I was just thinking how lucky we are to live near family. Between 15 and 50 minutes we can get to all 3 sets of grandparents -or they can get to us. And, since there isn't a lot of grandchildren to go around, they are all willing to babysit at a moments notice. I'm sure the novelty will wear off when child 2 or 3 comes along and more cousins, but we'll take advantage of the free babysitting while we can!

Speaking of baby stuff. The Little Man is crawling now. It's a little closer to a hop/jump with a lot of leg movement in between, but he's definitely moving.

I've got to get a gate!

1 comment:

  1. 7 lbs is awesome Melanie. I am so excited for you. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete