Thursday, August 27, 2009

Mmmmm....

Is it just me, or if you are used to something in your life and then you have to go without it (self-imposed or otherwise) it's ALL you think about?

When I can't go to the gym because of a change in my schedule, illness, or some part of my body is broken, (or nearly broken) ALL I think about is going to the gym.

If I'm used to being around someone or hanging out with someone all of them and then I can't or don't anymore, I think about them ALL the time.

When I'm on a diet that eliminates most, if not all, of the food I am used to consuming on a daily basis, I think about food ALL the time.

ALL. THE. TIME.

Seriously, I have never thought about food this much. And, I've never noticed how many stupid commercials about food and places that sell food run during the day.

On a positive note, I've lost 12 pounds so far.


Does anyone have a french fry or something?

Or even the ketchup that goes with it?

4 comments:

  1. I have noticed on Exercise TV, they have to be punks and put food ads, not even healthy food ads, on the bottom of the screen!! During a workout for crying out loud!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Mel!! I know the feeling all too well :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't notice that in any aspect but the food part. I swear all you ever see when you are craving cookies are cookie adds. How do you convince yourself you don't need them when the entire world is telling you that you do need them. I eat pudding. That's what I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me it's YW, I am going absolutely mad!

    ReplyDelete