Friday, September 21, 2007

How much is too much?



This is a question that can be asked of many different things. I asked myself this last night in regards to estrogen. How much estrogen (in a room) is too much? I'm not a real 'girly girl' and I've never had large groups of girlfriends -although my numbers did got up when my guy friends started marrying off and I needed a new group of friends. The idea of a large room full of (mostly) women frightens and intimidates me. I could only IMAGINE how poor Justin felt last night.

Justin was one of 4 or 5 guys last night at a 'special guests dinner' at a golf course we went to. He almost left me there by myself to go hit a few golf balls, but I showed him a couple of other men, and he reluctantly joined me.


This is all leading up to WHY we were in this estrogen-filled room last night. And, here it is... my big announcement... I don't know why I'm stalling...


I've decided to give Mary Kay a chance. -Not THE Mary Kay (she passed away a little while ago) but her company. I've been thinking about it for over a month now, and after Justin gave the marketing plan a solid OK, we decided to take the plunge. I'm not that big into make-up, but I've really liked the Mary Kay product over the years and would like to use it, and if I can make a little money while doing it, why not, right?


Actually, I could give you a list of "why nots"', -it's right next to my list of "'why to's", but I've nearly forgotten them, and I'm looking forward the upcoming challenge. Sort of.


So... please don't start screening my calls, I promise not to be a 'Mary Kay Stalker' (one of their terms, not mine), but, I might beg a few of you to be my guinea pigs and let me try out my sweet party skills on you one of these days. I promise to not put hot pink lipstick on any of you -unless that's what you're in to!

5 comments:

  1. I thought "big announcement" was going to be that you were pregnant or something! (but what would you being pregnant have to do with you being in a room filled with women?? DUH) Good luck with Mary Kay. Although I am not a big makeup wearer I do buy Mary Kay, which is good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you know where I stand on this topic. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not too much into makeup either...Let me know when you can hook me up with some Mary Kate or when Ashlee goes on clearance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I need some blush - so call me. I think I use the mocha or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the look of your new blog!

    ReplyDelete