Tuesday, September 25, 2007

How to Run a 5K



I'm not a runner. I do, on occasion run on a treadmill or at Sugar House Park, but I'm not a 'runner'. Thanks to my spinning classes (oddly enough I'm not really a 'biker' either, but I'm enjoying spinning) I feel like my endurance has increased quite a bit... but my achy joints do not appreciate much running.

However... I wanted to share my running program for the last 2 weeks in order to get ready for this Saturdays race. (http://www.drapertheater.com/)

Spinning twice a week. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Elliptical's every other that I'm at the gym. No running so far. Actually, I did run for 12 minutes last week -it nearly killed me.

How is it that I can practically race on an elliptical -not to mention during spinning class- but when it comes to actually running I fall short. We'll see how Saturday goes!

1 comment: