Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The first step is the hardest

I think there's a country song with that title... but don't worry I won't try and put it on the blog for you to hear.

For those of you who know (anything about) me... I like to research things. Thanks to the internet, you can research any product, ailment or location with little to no effort. Well... it takes effort, but it's not difficult. I spend a good part of my time doing this. For any 'big ticket' item (which is sometimes as small as $50) or anything I'm going to have to commit to for any length of time (cell phones) I want to be an informed consumer.

This creates many headaches and leads to a fair amount of obsessing.

However... once I've made a purchase, or even a decision about a purchase, watch out, because I can't stop.

This was exactly how planning our wedding went. I searched FOREVER for everything from flowers and reception centers, to food and decorations. It was pathetic. And the problem was, I didn't want to make the first decision, because that would affect every other decision that I had to made. We finally chose a reception room, and then I went to one of the caterer's on my long list and just said yes right then (by myself) and paid the deposit, so there was no turning back. After that, everything got a lot easier.

So... between the new house (which my sister says "needs a women's touch") and the new baby... I have a lot of decisions to make. Therefore a lot of research to do.

I am happy to report that after viewing no less than a couple thousand bedding sets online and in stores... I have made a purchase today. I'm going with this one, and I also bought some 'classic' children books that I'm going to frame and hang in the room.

As if that wasn't enough... I am ALSO happy to report we have 3 nail's on our walls. It's the first thing we've hung since moving in. We now have a clock (1 nail) and our magnet board (2 nails) hanging in the kitchen.

We're on our way!

5 comments:

  1. I will help you paint your wall any of the suggested colors. And I here you want wainscoting on the walls as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute ABC's...I like it :). Hey, who is this gough family affair?? Is that something I should be checking? Strange that we both blogged similar the same day. Just be glad that your 4 month old walls will support the good old nails...our 60 year old walls are apparently made of mud or something similar and nails just don't work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choice on the bedding. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bedding! And the 'classic' books will add a touch of you to the decor. Very classy too. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it! I really like the idea of the classic children's books. I would have never thought of that - very creative.

    ReplyDelete