Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Michael Buble he's not...


Justin and I went to an impromptu concert last night. It wasn't so much impromptu for the bands, or probably most of the people there, but it was for us. His mom Lisa had a few extra tickets so we went with them last night. I don't mean to offend any HUGE John Mayer fans out there... I can kind of take him or leave him, but it was a pretty good concert. We were in the seats up front, so I didn't get to see a large number of weirdo's that you normally see on the grass section (see here).
There was one pretty weird girl who REALLY liked the opening band and we were pretty happy to see that she wasn't actually supposed to sitting next to us. She had to move when the people showed up who actually had tickets for those seats. I didn't get any actual pics, didn't bring my camera, but I will say that he is an AMAZING guitar player, I was really impressed.
The best part was we left a little early and actually got out of there without wading through hundreds of people and cars to get home.
Melly
******
The openning was Colbie Caillat and since I was just introduced to her last week (yes, I have been living under some rock) - I have to say I really love her music now. Here's a favorite that is posted on YouTube:
Justin

4 comments:

  1. The best part, Marime actually hugged Colbie as she came through in regular clothes right where we were standing. No one even knew it was her - but Marime did and walked up and hugged her. It was sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is definitely NOT Michael Buble!!! I can't believe I had never subjected you to my fabulous imitation of Colbie Caillat. In all reality - I LOVE her - so much that I went to Vegas to see her... not that it was a hard sell - Vegas and Colbie Caillat - sign me up! Yay I have 2 copies of her CD if you want one - lemme know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, I've always been a fan of the guitar solos and interesting tunes of John Mayer's music...not necessarily his lyrics...nor his facial expressions while singing. It looks like someone is pulling his hair the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sad I missed that concert. I happen to be a huge Colbie Caillat and John Mayer fan!

    ReplyDelete