Sunday, September 21, 2008

Jackson Hole Part II

Justin and I just got back from our second trip to Jackson Hole, WY for this summer. The first one was earlier on with his family and included river rafting. This one was with my dad's family (we actually ALL made it -all 25 of us) and included listening to the elk bugle, and has become a yearly family tradition.

It was pretty cold and rainy this weekend, which didn't stop this group from much. Friday night our little family (minus 2) went out to dinner and Matt only dumped 2 glasses over (he sometimes has issues).

Saturday morning we got up bright (it was still dark) and early to drive out to hear and watch the Elk. We didn't see any good fights, which is what my mom is always hoping for (I think she thinks it's a hockey game or something). But, we heard them and saw quite a few.

You can't see them, but I promise there is a bunch out there.

Afterwards we drove to a camp spot to cook breakfast. As I previously mentioned, this family is not easily swayed by the weather -good or bad. So, despite that fact that we had 3 condo's between us a few miles away, we stood out and cooked breakfast -in the rain. It actually wasn't as bad as it sounds, but there were a few moments that were pretty cold and wet.
The rest of the day, we just walked around town, a few people went on some hikes/walks (and got drenched) and then we all met up for dinner again.
We found a local ward to go to church this morning, and then headed home. We made pretty good time too -considering that I have to stop every 2 hours (or sooner) to use the bathroom. I think it's a good thing we're planning on staying pretty close to home for the remainder of my pregnancy.

1 comment: