Thursday, September 4, 2008

I could get used to this

I've never tried this... but I've had a bunch of random thoughts around my head lately, and haven't been able to think of any posts... so get ready for some bullet points.

  • I think I've found a way to survive the new 10 hour work day. Working 3 days a week, and having 4 off. This week has been much better than any of the previous ones. The problem is, I'm not sure if I have enough annual to cover 10 hours a week for the next 3 months. Plus... I'm being stingy with my annual, because I want to be paid out when I finally quit next year. Guess I'll just have to get used to the 4 day work week.
  • I absolutely LOVE Google Reader. I've seen it mentioned a few times on other peoples blogs, and I finally checked it out this weekend. There's only a couple of blogs without RSS feeds, so it's extremely convenient. Because, let's be honest, once I'm out of this place (yes, it's 7:29 am, I'm at work, AND I'm blogging) I won't spend as much time in front of a computer, I need to get my blog fix quickly and efficiently.
  • I try not to get very political on the blog, if you know me and Justin, (or you happened to see Justin on the news last week at a certain candidates headquarters downtown) you know our views. This isn't really in reference to any of the 4 candidates that we have been and will continue to be inundated with useless and helpful information... it's in regards to those making comments about said candidates. JUST because someones state borders another country and shares a common sea with another... does NOT mean they have foreign policy experience. Seriously? Our lovely governor was one of the latest (although not the first) to jump on that bandwagon and (in my opinion) make a fool of himself by making that comment. There's much more where that came from, but I'll stop there.
  • Can I tell you how excited I am about the weather cooling off a bit? To be honest, I haven't been miserable (Justin might catch a cold, because our bedroom stays so cool at night) but Tuesday was just amazing. I'm looking forward to colder temp's -and I'll still be wearing my flip-flops.
  • I started my Christmas shopping. Yes, you read that correctly. I try to get things done earlier rather than later (before Thanksgiving) but this year it's a necessity. So... get your wish lists done early, because my goal this year is to be COMPLETELY finished by Halloween. (We'll see how that goes).

6 comments:

  1. Check your sources. Alaska counts as foreign policy experience. I have a little experience myself...ya know, cuz I loved shopping in Poland and Germany back in the day. You have it too, you honeymooned in Europe. I think you and I could be the next big thing. Oh, and we've both vacationed in Mexico...the list of qualifications is endless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although a different day,I too am on the internet and it's 8:40am and I started at 8am. I've been on since 8:15am. It's gonna be a long day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um...I think they were comparing foreign policy experience and they just had to stop there to make said person more qualified than not said person.

    I am 25% done with my Christmas shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous about your christamas shopping. By the way... what do you want for christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Bryon! 25% done?!...so half? I think that joke is still funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That made me laugh for the first time this week. Thanks Andrea.

    ReplyDelete