Thursday, September 25, 2008

Peace Gardens and a Camera

Okay... so 2 weeks ago at a Young Womens Activity we had a photographer come and talk to us about... photography (of all things). He briefly went over some common options on all of our little point'n'shoot camera's and a few more advanced settings, as well as composition.

I walked away wanting a new camera, and promising my self to READ THE MANUEL when I get 'said' camera. I tried to tell Justin we need a new camera for the baby... but I still don't think we'll be getting a new one in the very near future.

This last week we decided to take the girls to the International Peace Gardens to practice some of our skills we were supposed to learn from our previous activity. It wasn't the BEST time to go to the gardens, it's a little late in the season, but there were plenty of good photo's to be had. I'm not sure how many I actually had... but here's my attempt about being artsy-fartsy with my pictures.

8 comments:

  1. the "said" pictures are lovely. I haven't been to the peace gardens in a long time. I also have never been to your house, nor have a tried in a long time. Maybe I should. How are 4-10's going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks good! I have a secret dream of doing photography. We should take a community fotog class or something...when you have time...like maybe when your kids are raised and gone...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean you didn't need an extra leader for BOTH of those activities? I am very jealous. Ah ha I think I may have an idea for a little RS group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the photos. Have you given any thought to what type of SLR Camera you may buy. I want to take a class too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I'll be buying a SLR camera just yet... I think it would be wasted on me. I'm looking at a couple of really nice Cannon point and shoots, that have manual options on it. I'd never justify $700+ dollars on a camera because I don't know how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For my Dad's B-Day I got my dad a cool cannon point and shoot camera. I love Cannon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Mel, another thing that you are good at! I don't think you need a new camera if you can make pictures like that with your current one :)
    April

    ReplyDelete