Monday, November 10, 2008

Sooner or Later

My vote is sooner.

My blood pressure is starting to 'creep' up. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I borrowed an automatic blood pressure cuff from my mom, so we've been watching it creep up ever so slightly since my last doctor's appointment.

We've tried Cafe Trio's pizza, long walks, I got a massage hitting all of my 'pressure points' today, and smelling Clary Sage essential oil every chance I get, and we're also doing a few other methods that may induce labor. Except the castor oil, I haven't tried that, and I'm not sure I will.

I talked to one of the nurses at my clinic, and she said keep watching my blood pressure and if I have any other signs of preeclampsia to go to the hospital. I'll probably call my doctor (she was out today) tomorrow morning and see what she thinks. Either way, I guess I'm done working -at least full time. I worked about half a day today and I'm set up to make some phone calls and emails from home, but I'm supposed to be laying down a lot right now.

I don't think this baby is going to interrupt our Thanksgiving this year -unless he or she needs to eat.

10 comments:

  1. You shouldn't take castor oil- even if it puts you into labor, which would be nice, it causes some unpleasent expulsion of other bodily contents during labor. That might make for an undesired birthing experience.
    Good luck, settle down and keep that BP down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of my girls were born around 37 weeks because of preeclampsia. I know high blood pressure itsn't fun. I bet your feet and legs are really swelling- I am feeling for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And in 10 weeks I will most likely be experiencing the same things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Mel, I hope you're ok. At least you aren't having to work full days!! I bet this baby is ready to come out! Let me know if you need help with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck -

    Not to burst your bubble, but the baby still looked really high on Saturday - like it hasn't dropped at all yet.

    And - be careful with the blood pressure (That's some dangerous stuff) - that was one of the many reason's Elliott was a scheduled c-section 2 weeks early...my body just couldn't do it anymore.

    Let me know if you need anything. Elliott and I can bring you lunch. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melanie,
    good luck with everything..I am sorry I didn't get to see you for perhaps your 'last hurrah' today..but I wish you well and I hope you keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The baby is coming, the baby is coming, YIPEE!! (We're excited, to say the least)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurray! This is so exciting! Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. I just read the "methods" link...I'd like someone to induce MY labor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am SO excited for you. I hope for the sooner rather than the later for you. Either way I hope it all works out healthy. Good luck. I am looking forward to your success story.

    ReplyDelete