Sunday, December 7, 2008

And all this time, I had no idea

I've learned a few things about myself in the last 2 weeks.

I can maneuver around my computer, web browser, and even type comments and emails one-handed.

I had no idea that the word 'poopy' would become apart of my vocabulary so quickly and with such ease.

Likewise, I didn't know referring to myself as mommy or momma and Justin as dad would come so easily.

I can handle a lot more pain than I ever thought was possible (from delivery, to the not-ever-really-talked-about pain after the delivery, to breast-feeding discomfort).

Speaking of breast-feeding, I did not know that I would be absolutely fine with nearly complete strangers fondling, er, helping me position said boobs into various positions.

I can actually function on little to no sleep with relatively few break-downs.

There's nothing good on TV during the day. I also have been forced to 'flip channels' once again. Our TV set up is me watching the TV in the guest bedroom from the nursery, across the hall. I can't read the guide from that far away, and I have to watch commercials. Yuck!




I also had no idea that I would have such a cute kid. I'm actually starting to like him a bit more, it's amazing what a bit of sleep can do for a person.

7 comments:

  1. Good to hear that things are going better....contentment in a little babe goes a long way for the mama. ;)

    Let me know if you need any rescuing, lunch, or if you want my kid to come and scream at your house for 20 minutes again.

    That's always fun, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Movies! I would pick out the movies first think in the morning that I would watch all day nursing. With S it was mostly Disney movies, since Maren needed tending! With Hannah I watched alot of Jane Austin movies. I really don't remember the rest! I love the hand on cheek picture! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I have ever seen so many photos of a newborn and all of them look so good. He is very photogenic. (Aren't you glad too?...cause there are some ugly babies out there and you know the parents know it) I guys you are given other trials to overcome (but they can be overcome-ugly can't)...Sorry parents with ugly babies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, he is just relaxing. So dang cute...he must take after is auntie! I all about a good nap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He sure is an adorable little boy! I love the one of him sleeping, he looks so content and peaceful! I hope you are doing well! Keep in touch!
    Stop by the office as soon as you can..I know we would all love to see him in person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how calm you seem to be all the time, and he is too cute and adorable for words. Lvoe Ya

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is so big now! Look at those wide open eyes. How are people liking your announcements/Christmas cards?

    ReplyDelete