Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Little Grandpa

Growing up I had two grandpa's, and both were on my dad's side -with the same last name.
I guess to clear up any confusion one was Grandpa Hardcastle and my Great-grandpa Hardcastle became "Little Grandpa" because he was so much shorter than the other.

The name stuck and just about all of the great-grandkids (and their parents) called my Great-Grandpa Hardcastle 'Little Grandpa'.

Our son is named after my Little Grandpa. He was a good man who raised 4 sons, taught them to be honest, hard-working and faithful men, who in turn passed that on to their families as well.

I am fully aware (thank you for pointing it out 'anonymous' commenter) that our son's name has been used on other family blogs, and that's fine. For our blog, however, I think we'll call him Little Man, after my Little Grandpa.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute little guy - both of them..:)

    ReplyDelete