Monday, November 7, 2011

Not so hard

I have 42 (not including neighbors) people on my shopping list from the end of September to the middle of January.  We have A LOT of birthdays in the winter months, and 3 of those are my  kids and husband (which not only requires extra gifts but then you have to also include a party (or two) along with it.)

That's kind of a lot.  And, I'll brag for a moment and say that I'm pretty much done. I have to finish getting a couple of things for 2 people and place one more order online for a couple more.

Justin?  He has one person on his list.

Me.

Why is that so difficult?  Justin tends to wait until the last minute to purchase gifts and overspend on said gifts.  I've loved a lot of gifts (new palm pilot when I was working, trip to see Kathy in Arizona) but I have to stay in a budget and buy dozens of gifts, and I do it.

This year I told Justin that I DID want a gift to open on Christmas morning (he learned that the hard way one year) and he could only spend $20.

To help him out, I created a 'board' on pinterest.com for gifts under $30 that I wouldn't mind receiving.  Any one else is welcome to use this board as well.  (And even start your own -but don't expect to get anything from it from me this year, I'm finished shopping).

1 comment:

  1. I, too, am nearly done with my shopping. My husband, and some of the boys in my immediate and extended families - gifts decided on but not yet purchased. It's the best feeling in the world to have it finished, and know that in December I don't have to go to a store, over pay, or stand in line....I'll just get to have fun with my kids.

    ReplyDelete