Sunday, November 13, 2011

Release

My mom helped me make one last craft/gift for the Young Women this past week.  I've known for a few weeks, but I was released from the Young Women's presidency today.  Our whole presidency was released.  A couple of months ago I met with our Bishop to let him know a few concerns of mine.  I was in Young Womens, just got called to teach Gospel Principals, and found out the only other person in the ward that could play the organ just bought a house -out of the ward.  On top of Justin's new job where he will be traveling a couple of weeks a month -which makes me pretty useless on the week's he is gone.  I made it clear that I wasn't asking to be released, but thought he should know.  He already knew there were changes on the horizon with the Young Womens, which made me feel better, I guess.

It's been bitter sweet, mostly bitter, but now a little sweet.  It will be nice to not have the Tuesday night activities, but I'll miss the girls and miss the women I served with terribly.  I thought I would have a really hard time getting through the day, but it turns out when you're busy for the entire 3 hours of church (I taught in Young Women's, taught in Gospel Principals, spoke in sacrament meeting and played the organ) you can hold it together pretty well.

Plus, you know that feeling you get when you're released from a calling?  Kind of calm, because you don't currently have any responsibilities, a little excited and perhaps anxious, wondering what and when you're next calling will be.  I don't even get that.  I'm just going from 3 to 2.  But, I guess I'll take what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment