Sunday, November 6, 2011

Reasons to stay married

For those of you who really know me, you know I'm not much of a romantic.  I don't like sappy movies or books, I'm not much for mushy loves songs or poems.  Not that I don't love my husband and I know that he loves me, but I probably will never be the one displaying excess amounts of public affection.

But, there are a lot of practical reasons why once you're married -you should stay that way.  Especially once you have kids.

Church is definitely a big one.  This week I'm a single mom.  We were sick all weekend, but woke up feeling fine and I know that no one else would be there to play the organ.  (An alterntaive title to this post might be 'Reasons to not pay for piano lessons for your child").  I wanted to be there for Young Womens, (the first hour) and I was pretty sure someone was expecting me to teach during the second hour (they did) and I had to play the organ during the third hour.  Luckily a friend offered to take Kate during my lesson, because Hyurm uncharacteristically refused to go back to nursery, and attended Sunday School with me.  Where he provided more than his fair share of distraction for me and the class.  Another few friends luckily offered to take my kids while I played the organ too, so we somehow survived.  And the best things is?  I get to do the exact same thing in two weeks.  Yay.

Money.  I don't know about you, but we're barely making it as it is.  I mean, we're not struggling to put food on the table or make our mortgage payment, but between our savings, paying of school loans, insurance, long term planning and putting gas in the car, there isn't a lot of wiggle room.  How in the world do you people pay for all of that AND another apartment.  Crazy.

Sanity.  Seriously, to all of you single parents out there (for whatever reason) you have my admiration.  I find my sanity shaken to the core when I have nothing to do or anyone else to talk to except for kids.  all. day. long.  This isn't really the case usually, it was just because we've been sick and I didn't want to risk anyone ELSE getting sick, I didn't even open my door on Saturday.  It was just me and the kids all day long.  At one point I thought I was nearly out of diapers and was going to call someone to bring me some.  Then I realized that would never actually happen, looked in the laundry room and found a couple (hundred) more.    We were safe, and I didn't have to leave the house.  Don't worry, this coming week I have at least one or two babysitters coming and I'm planning on taking the three of us to the gym a few times too.   I'm sure once the snow melts I'll even go to the grocery store -not that I really cook much when Justin's gone.  But I'm sure we'll be out of the banana's I bought on Thursday sometime later tonight.

That's all.  That's a short list of my practical, not-so-romantic reason's why I'll stay married to Justin.


Oh, and I sorta like the guy too!


No comments:

Post a Comment