Tuesday, November 29, 2011

THANKFUL

I saw something mention something like this on facebook yesterday.  Thought I'd give it a go.

100 Things I'm Thankful For 
(in no particular order)

1- I can play the piano (and organ)
2- We have affordable health insurance that allows me to see doctors I trust and go to facilities I feel comfortable at. 
3- I've been to New Zealand. It is just that beautiful. 
4- I like to exercise.  
5- Central heating.  That goes back to New Zealand.  Most people don't have it there, and the missionaries certainly didn't.  
6- Our new Dyson.  It's awesome.  And and I'm equally grateful we didn't pay full price for it.  
7- Friends.  Past and present.  
8- I have a hair dresser who does a great job with my hair and color and understands that I don't ever get to her when I should.  
9- The Red Sox.  I like watching them play and I like having 'a team'. 
10- Humidifier's.  Both for my kids and for me.  Even though I hardly ever get one in my room.  I guess we need three of them. 
11- A husband who works hard and makes wise financial choices -for the short and long term. 
12- Laptops.  Oh, I hope never again have to rely on a desktop.  
13- My Christmas tree.  I loved it last year and can't wait to put it up again.  I just need to convince Justin it's time.  
14- My kids.  
15- I like to read.  I've enjoyed being in a book club this last year or so and reading a lot of books I wouldn't have otherwise.  
16- Online shopping.  It's convenient, cheap, and I get to open boxes for weeks to see what I've got.  Even though it's not for me.  
17- We live close to family. 
18- We don't have to do yard work.  We have to pay for other people to do it, but it's nice to not do it. 
19- I have a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. 
20- I graduated from college.  
21- Google reader. 
22- Radio from Hell and podcasts.  
23- Lasik eye surgery.  
24- Season passes to local attractions.  It's so nice to have a few places in the valley that we can as often as we want and for a short amount of time.  
25- This blog.  It's an awesome way to journal and track our lives.  I love the books I make each year too.  
26- Our cars.  They're not fancy, we need a bigger one, but they're reliable and paid for.  Those are the best kind.  
27- Justin's job(s). 
28- Good parents (including Justin's) that can offer support, advice, and a free dinner every now and then.  
29- My kids aunts and uncles.  
30- We live close to mountains.  
31- Our right and ability to vote for our elected officials. 
32- Those Wilton cake classes that Justin convinced me to take with Erin.  I didn't want to do it at first, but I'm glad that I did.  
33- Cake (and other kids of baking) blogs.  So I can make frosting that tastes better than the Wilton cake decorating frosting.  
34- My iPhone.
35- My kids have their own bedroom. 
36- My gym membership. 
37- My health.  
38- I'm an Aggie.  
39- I'm a morning person.  
40- DVR
41- My sister. 
42- Being able to stay in touch with friends and family with technology -facebook, emails, and blogs.  
43- I am willing to try new things to eat.  There aren't a whole lot of things that I refuse to eat -or tried once, never to try again.  I think it really limits you if you made up your mind about food when you were 13.
44- Credit cards.  As long as you're smart they're awesome.  It also allows you to buy things online, which is also awesome.
45- Texting.  Sometimes you don't need to have a conversation.
46- Good oral hygiene.  I hate going to the dentist now, so I'm glad that I don't have a lot of problems in this area.
47- I don't work outside the home.  This is a double edge sword, as well as a topic that seems always up for discussion lately, but I'm glad it hasn't been a necessity so we can have food on the table.
48- Good surgeons.  My mom is waiting in pre-op as I write this, so hopefully he's a good one.
49- Jan.  She's my esthetician. I love talking to her and she keeps my eyebrows looking great.
50- Our video monitor.  Oh, it's awesome.  We got it as a gift, so I can easily say this, but it really is worth the money.
51-  I married someone who likes to travel.  I didn't know I liked to really travel until my trip to Boston and New York.  Turned out I loved it.  We'll go places again -once our kids our a bit older.
52- Google.  Isn't great when you don't know the answer to something and can just 'Google It"?
53- Tall sizes.  Especially in jeans.
54- Frozen dinners.  Either ones I've made myself or bought from the store.  Sometimes I just don't feel like making dinner.
55- Cell phones in general.  What did we do without them?
56- My mom is crafty.  I'm really not, but sometimes I need crafty stuff at my house.  So I'm glad that my mom likes it and can help.
57- My christmas movie, Love Actually.  It just makes me happy, especially the Portuguese proposal scene.  So does watching Reverse the Curse of the Bambino.
58- Sleep.  It makes everything better.
59- Children's books.  I have quite a collection, and I even let my kids read a few of them.
60- An unstressful holiday season.  It's taken a few years of marriage, but I think we have come to a few compromises and since my shopping is done, it should be relaxing.
61- A dishwasher.
62- Clorox wipes.
63- Massages.  I only get a few a year, but they're heavenly.
64- Our trip to New York in May and California in February.
65- Smart and healthy kids.
66- The four seasons.  It might get a little too hot in the summer and a little too cold in the winter, but I like the variety.
67- Digital camera's.  It makes documenting your life and your children's so much more convenient.
68- My crock pot and crock pot meals.    
69- GPS on my phone.
70- The men and women who have sacrificed and chosen to serve our country in the military at some point in their lives.
71- The gigantic marshmallows you can get for the campfire.  They're awesome because you can eat the toasted, caramelized part over and over again as you re-toast it.  And one is enough for the whole night.
72- Naps.  The ones my kids usually take and the occasional one I get.
73- I live in a warm home, have access to clean water and have never gone hungry because I didn't have food available.
74- I wanted to and was able to deliver both of my kids without an epidural.
75- Public libraries.
76- Indoor plumbing, central heat and air, washing machines, electricity and most every other modern day convenience
77- My callings in church.  Mostly.  I really like teaching, so I'm glad I'm still doing that.  And it will be nice to not have the weekly obligation with the youth, but I miss the young women.
78- All of the people over the years who have served me in the church, especially my youth leaders and my bishoprics in my student and single wards.
79- The unknown.  I don't think I would like knowing everything that is going to happen and when.
80- Going to the gym in the morning, it's my favorite time to go.
81- My big shower and garden tub.
82- Camera's on cell phones.
83- Direct flights.
84- Words with Friends and Hanging with Friends.  Especially Hanging with Friends, because I can actually win that one.
85- My kitchen-aid mixer.
86- My Toms shoes finally got comfortable.  I thought I was the only person on the planet that didn't like them, it just took a week or so of wearing them in.  Now I love them.
87- Locally owned stores.  I feel good when I shop from them.
88- Close parks.
89- Double strollers.  Well, this is more of a love/hate relationship, but I would have been lost for the first 6 or 9 months without it.
90- Ibuprofen
91- Happy kids.  Most of the time.
92- I have a testimony of the gospel and enjoy serving in the church.
93- The iPad. Mostly for Hryum.
94- The smell of melting butter, roasting garlic, and any umber of yummy things baking.
95- Scarves.
96- Schedules and routines.  It reduces anxiety.
97- Good movies with good acting, writing and directing.  They are few and far between, and often do not make much money.
98- Christmas music.
99- My husband works from home often.  It allows me to run to the store during naps or do other quick errands during his lunch sometimes.  It sort of makes up for all the time he's away from home.
100-I could come up with 100 things I am thankful for.  It's quite an accomplishment for a pessimist like me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment