Thursday, November 8, 2012

Back in history...


A year ago...

Justin was in Michigan. (He's currently in Michigan). 

The kids were sick -Hyrum was throwing up and I ended up getting sick too. (Kids have colds, I've managed to skip it).

We had a new nephew born. (His 1st birthday party is on Saturday). 

We went to Ruth's Chris for Justin and Dusty's birthday. (Same dinner scheduled for the 23rd). 

Kate started walking. (Kate prefers to run everywhere, just like Hyrum). 

My mom had surgery. And complications to that surgery. (She is currently trying to heal from a torn miniscus and bruised bones). 

I was trying to lose weight. (I'm still trying to lose weight).  

Hyrum turned 3. (You guessed it... Turning 4 this year). 

I was 90% done Christmas shopping. (I'm about %70 finished right now). 

I earned my young women's recognition as a leader, and was released from the yw presidency. (Currently the ward organist and gospel essentials Sunday school teacher). 

5 years ago

No kids. (3 kids). 

Justin turned 27 (32 this year). 

Lived in an apartment. (House with a mortgage). 

I was working for the State as a social worker. (Stay at home mom). 

We (Justin) bought his first auto shop -Henstroms. (We've owned 4... Still have 2). 

I voted. (Same this year). 

10 years ago (no blog, so this will be short). 

I was 22 years old. (32)

Single (Married)

I was living in Flaxmere, New Zealand, serving a full time mission.  (Midvale, UT). 

Heading into summer (I think winter is finally arriving this weekend.)

Living with Sister Seve, trying to learn Samoan. (Living with my husband and three little people, trying to figure out a baby). 

Lived far away from family. (Live pretty close, talk to my sister and mom everyday). 

Focusing on the gospel and service. (Focusing on my children and trying to maintain a home). 

Wondering what my life would be like 10 years from now. Pretty sure I thought I'd be a wife and mother. (Still wondering what my life will be 10 years from now. Probably similar to now... Only the little people in my house will be a bit bigger). 

No comments:

Post a Comment