Friday, July 12, 2013

A few thoughts

I wasn't going to post today.  Yesterday was a struggle, and today was even worse -trying to come up with something to write.  (Among other things).  I figured that even though I made a goal to spend one month out of every 3 or 4 months out of the year writing every day (So far it's been November, March, and July) I thought if I didn't have anything to write, I wouldn't write.  But, that's how I got in the habit of only writing a few times a month in the first place.

So, here's today's post.

I'm almost always reading a book (or two).  And, I've recently started keeping a list of interesting, funny, or thought provoking quotes on my phone.  It started because of book club, but I've started writing them down even if it wasn't a book club book.  Thought I'd share a few here.

"Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn

Sleep is like a cat it only comes to you if you ignore it.

"The Fault in our Stars" by John Green

Some tourists think Amsterdam is a city of sin, but in truth it is a city of freedom.  And in freedom, most people find sin.

People always get used to beauty. 

"And the Mountains Echoed" by Khaled Hosseini

The say, Find a purpose in your life and live it.  But, sometimes, it is only after you have lived that you recognize your life had a purpose, and likely one you never had in mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment