Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Flop

My friend Kathy is in town and we were hanging out yesterday.  Since Monday is the usual day another friend, Erin, comes over to watch the kids while I go to the gym, I figured I could actually get out of the house to go and do something.

Why not go to a movie?  I looked for a six o'clock showtime and we were left with one option.  Pacific Rim.  I sort of wanted to see the movie, not because I particularly like sci-fi movies, but I really like one of the leads in it (Charlie Hunnam).  I even went into it with the attitude that I'd like the movie no matter how bad it was, just look for the positive parts (like Charlie Hunnam without his shirt on).


IT.  WAS.  HORRIBLE.  I mean really bad.  I can buy the premise for the futuristic world (big giant aliens start coming up out of the ocean from another dimension and the world builds slightly smaller giant robots piloted by humans to kill them).  But the writing was horrible, the acting just barely believable, and at every turn it was just too predictable.

My suggestion?  Watch Independence Day, Top Gun, the last 20 minutes of Armageddon and a couple episodes of Sons of Anarchy.  It may take you a bit longer, but you'll feel a lot more satisfied than Kathy and I did after last nights show.

No comments:

Post a Comment