Wednesday, July 10, 2013

More about yours truly

How many times have you been pulled over? 
Three.  The first time was a month after I got my license, expired registration.  (Had to talk to the city attorney to help with this one).  Once in Roy taking my little brother to the orthodontist.  I was speeding and made an illegal turn. (Attended a defensive driving course).  And once for speeding on Bangerter highway on my way to drop off my kids off at my aunts house.  (Just paid the ticket)

Last three books you read? 
I had a couple books on hold at the library that all came up at the same time, and a book club one, so I've read three in a very short time.  "The Kitchen Daughter" by Jale McHenry.  "The Fault in our Stars" by John Green and I'm half way through "And the Mountains Echoed" by Khaled Hosseini.

Have you ever run or rode in a race? 
Yes.  I usually do at least a couple of 5K's a year.  On the years I've been pregnant I walk them.

How do you (and how often) stay connected online?
On my phone I have the Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Feedly apps.  I get on Facebook and Twitter every couple of days.  Instagram many times a day, same with Feedly.  I usually get on Pinterest a couple times a week.  I guess I also blog.

Have you ever changed a tire or the oil in your car?
Tires, yes.  A few times.  I tried to help a friend of mine change my oil in high school.  He got too frustrated.  I ended up just watching and handing him the stuff he needed.

What did you major in college?
Started out as Family and Human Development.  When I returned following my mission they added Consumer and a few more classes I had to take.  So, FCHD.  Family, Consumer and Human Development with a minor in Family Finance.  Which... meant I took a lot of really interesting classes and graduated without any real direction as to what I was going to do for a living.

Have you had any surgeries?
Three.  My appendix out when I was 10.  A nose surgery to fix a deviated septum when I was 24 and a... another one when I was 25 to fix a broken coccyx and cyst removal.

Are you allergic to anything?
Nope.

Have you ever bungee jumped or sky dived? 
No.  I was in Las Vegas with friends over my 21st birthday and three of us were going to bungee jump.  When we got to the place it was temporally closed because of wind.  I still don't know if I would have really done it.  I sort of had a crush on one of the guys we were with, so maybe.

Do you play an instrument? 
Yes.  Piano and organ.  I could probably still play a handful of songs on the guitar and ukulele.  Maybe a scale or two on the flute and recorder.

When do you fill up your car's fuel tank?
Before I married Justin I ALWAYS filled up at half a tank.  Justin is the guy that coasts into the gas station.  I didn't even know my old Subaru could hold 12 gallons until he left it on empty once for me.  I've taken on his bad habit and especially now that the van has an estimated miles left to empty display.

Are there any TV shows that you've seen in their entirety (all episodes)?  
Yes.  It might be an embarrassingly high number too, thanks to DVR and Netflix.  I know I've seen every episode of FRIENDS and probably Will & Grace.  Rescue Me (at least three times, the original run and two times afterwards.) and ER.  The Office, Parks & Rec... a few other newer ones that are still on. I've recently watched all of Sons of Anarchy (uh, more than a few of those I've watched twice too), and Justified.  Oh, and The Walking Dead.   Am I missing any good ones?  I thought of looking in The Shield and The Wire.

No comments:

Post a Comment