Monday, October 1, 2007

A 5K is NOT 5000 miles

For those of you who are not familiar with The Office on NBC you missed that joke... and youtube doesn't have the clip, so you're just out of luck! But trust me... it's funny.

Although we didn't run 5,000 miles, by Sunday night I felt like we had come pretty close.

Sorry for the late update on the haircut saga -I'm sure many of you must have concluded that the cut was so bad I couldn't bring myself to upload the pictures... not so...we just had a very busy weekend. So, here's the before


and after

Not bad. I think it'll take some practice to get it down...but it could have been worse!

Back to running around this weekend. It started Friday. Justin needed to get the 5K shirts from my uncles on the very WEST side of the valley and get them to the very SOUTH side of the valley, but at the same time his grandparents were expecting him. So, I got to get the shirts and take them to the Draper Theater and met him back at home. Then we went to the very EAST side of the valley, fed his parents dogs and then went to visit Justin's brother and sister-in-law and the baby. It was TOO late when we got home for a haircut.

Saturday we got to leave the house at 7am with our friends, Bryon and Yvette (who were NOT very excited that we were leaving our house at 7am), to drive out to Draper for the 5K. Well, for SOME of us it was a 5K, for others it was more like a 7K+ for Bryon (who was forced by an ill-informed person to follow a group of people going on a 20 mile run when he was close to the finish line of OUR little 5K). Yvette and I decided to do intervals -walk and then run- the race (which is a LEGITIMATE form of cardio, thank you very much) and Justin ran... as far as I know. As soon as we finished that we had an extremely large and greasy breakfast at Sharon's Cafe -just to make sure we didn't lose any weight from our morning run.

Justin and I headed downtown for a service project with his work at the Food Bank for a few hours and then went to my uncles place to help finish up the (hopefully) last cleaning trip before the condo sells.

Sunday started with a quick trip up to the doctors because I realized I had an infection that I had 2 years ago and needed antibiotics. (Sorry, no more details than that... it's not anything gross, and I'll tell ya if you ask me, but this might not be the right medium for the description -although Justin might disagree, since that was his opening line for 4 or 5 people we talked to at church, my parents house, and anyone who called on the phone all day).

After teaching our class at church and staying for choir practice, we drove up north for dinner at my parents and then, finally, back home.

I can't believe today's Monday -I need a weekend to recover from the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. He does not look like the pooch in the picture. Maybe after a few more tries.

    ReplyDelete