Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Back to the Grind

I love when you have a weekend that ACTUALLY feels like a weekend. Usually that takes an extra day -to recover from your weekend (and I don't even drink?!?!?). This weekend was pretty relaxing compared to the last couple of months. We attended General Conference Saturday morning and had a quick lunch with my parents afterwards. We watched the other 3 sessions at home. Sunday morning we had a lovely breakfast with friends and then dinner at my parents... where we played a lively game of "Cash Flow"


This is quite a game. It's by the guy who wrote "Rich Dad, Poor Dad", it's kind of like a real-life monopoly -on Wall Street-type of game. Maybe I'll give bi-monthly reports on the game... since we'll probably be playing it every other week forEVER.

So... the teams are (1) Justin and I, (2) my Mom and Dad, (3) Jodi, (4) Matt, and (5) Gordon and Jessica. Currently Jodi and Matt are rolling in money -Jodi owns a bunch of houses. Gordon and Jessica are hanging on with a couple of bucks (downsizing!) Justin and I are doing OKAY... -I hope slow and steady wins the race, and my parents have quite a bit of money but are too scared to do anything about it -like invest in things. -Now, remember, I'm talking about a GAME... NOT our real lives, but sometimes it's hard to tell.

Anyway... we're all still hanging out in the "Rat Race" which is that center section, going around in circles. I have no idea how we eventually get of that place, only time will tell. Speaking of the Rat Race... I'm back at work (for a blessed 4day week) and I should probably do just that.

Get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment