Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Baby Lafeen

Officially we told our closest family members that we were pregnant on April 6th. Since it is slowly making the rounds worldwide by word-of-mouth (and by that I mean New Zealand, Brazil, Texas and Utah), it is probably appropriate to make it official to the blogosphere. :)

As mentioned, we chose April 6th to disclose the news. I have thought about the little one in detail over the past month, and cannot be more grateful for our life. Melanie has been the greatest blessing I have ever received and it's important that everyone knows that I feel that way. She's preordained to be the mother of very choice individuals, and she's known and prepared for that.

Naturally, expecting our first child has had its share of stresses - especially being the worry-prone parents we are. I've been preoccupied with what life without a second income entails, and Melanie has been trying her best to ride out the waves of pregnancy. Luckily we've been planning for this, so I think we've tried to manage the various risks that come with a downturn in the economy and so forth. It seems everything will come in packages for us - marriage and a new job one year, new house and a new soul in the next...

So there you have it. The family is growing. Due officially (but probably not exactly) on November 27th - Thanksgiving. Who knows maybe the 28th will look more attractive and I can have an unmatchable birthday present?

10 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! So excited for the new addition! I get new neighbors and a new niece/nephew(maybe both!) in one year! What a year for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. I knew on the 6th of April, even though you didn't actually tell me.

    Grandma did.

    We are happy for you and hope it's a boy!

    Boys rule!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I am so happy for you both!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you guys finally decided to blog about it...I wanted to say something so bad but couldn't because you guys didn't. So thanks! And congrats! You two will be the wonderful parents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mel- My screen saver is for Mac. It is on their newest operating system. It uses all my photos from iphoto.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Congrats you guys! I'm so happy for you! I hear Boston is a great boy name... just an idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you have many options for names...Manny, Papi, and if it's a girl...CoCo! Ha Ha! I can't wait to be the favorite aunt!

    PS...before the blog, word was spreading around Arizona (as my friends here were the only ones I could tell for awhile) and it spread over international waters when I told Andrea about it somewhere between Long Beach and Ensenada. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to you both! Your life will be forever changed.

    ReplyDelete