Monday, April 21, 2008

You can call me Jon.

Do you ever notice that things in your life can become quite relative pretty quickly.



Two months ago... a good night would mean sleeping at least 8 hours straight -and maybe even a little more. Maybe you got to bed a little early, and maybe you slept until 6 instead of 5, because you didn't have to to work until a little later and could wait to go to the gym a little late.

Today... a good night is only getting up once (instead of 2 or 3 times) to pee and when you get up to pee, you don't also feel like throwing up.

Two months ago no one really asked how I felt. I felt fine. Unless I had a cold or something, I felt fine. Maybe a little tired, because, well, let's be honest, who isn't a little tired.


Today... well, just ask Justin. The best he gets when he asks that question now, is, "Well... I don't feel like throwing up right now." That's as good as it gets. And to tell you the truth, the nausea is just held at bay -with my B6 vitamins and my oh-so-attractive motion sickness bands.

And lastly Two months ago I was tired. Like I said, everybody's tired. I went to the gym every morning and worked all day -you're just tired.

And today... I feel like I'm walking around with Mono. I crave sleep, but I don't sleep well, which is probably a big reason why I always feel tired. And you know what I just can't get over? It's never going to get better. I'm not oblivious to the fact that you mom's out there get less sleep than me. I may work full time, but sometimes I'm just going through the motions. If my body would let me sleep, I can. I don't have a baby, or a toddler, or even (gulp) multiple children running around.

Just for the record... I'm not complaining. I keep reminding myself that I signed up for this, and I'm still happy that we're expecting... but I'm tired of being tired, and I'm sick of being sick. And... when I read the Garfield minus Garfield today, I just felt like posting about it.

You can call me Jon.

(This is now Justin writing)

Luckily through all these trials she has an eternal companion like this to cheer her up!!!

4 comments:

  1. Love the Garfield minus Garfield. With any luck the sickness will subside around 16-20 weeks (just keep hoping for it..) and the tiredness should definitely go away by the 2nd tri. Hang in there!! As for the waking up at night...enjoy the rest you are getting now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NAUSEA is GOOD! Just keep telling yourself that!
    (and Sour Patch Kids worked for me.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya...I have zero advice; other than put a picture of something funny in your toilet...like a small japanese town, then you could feel like Godzilla when you throw up...I wonder why I'm not married.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My OB told me take a half a Unisom at night. It made a world of difference with the nausea AND I slept better. Also, anything with ginger in it helped me.

    ReplyDelete