Tuesday, April 22, 2008

When in doubt... throw it out!

I'm amazed that ANYONE survives with even the slightest degree of good health anymore.


A coworker of mine alerted me to this the other day, and since then I've seen it on a few other websites, and did a bit of research on my own.


CHECK YOUR WATER BOTTLES!


Chances are... you'll be tossing more than a few. Those hard plastic bottles that everyone seems to be carrying around (myself included) could be 'leaching' chemicals in your body. I checked out a couple of sites like this here and here. If your bottles have the recycling symbol with the numbers 2, 4 or 5 -they're okay. Most of the one time use bottles are a #1, which is okay, but apparently you're not supposed to reuse them (which I do constantly). But our wonderful #7 bottles need to be thrown out! Which means, that someone (mom or Jodi) needs to tell my brothers, because they both use those Nalgene bottles all of the time.


Go over HERE and The Trenches did a better job of researching and found some fun and functional alternatives for carrying around your water, sans dangerous chemicals.

3 comments:

  1. I remember hearing about that when I still lived in Utah...haven't heard of any Nalgene deaths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad says hes not afraid of a few chemicals. Remember he drinks pipe cleaner daily(diet coke).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Gordon agrees with your dad...he doesn't really care much about throwing out the bottles. I'm a bit worried however, but I am still using my bottles that are a #7. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete