Thursday, April 17, 2008

Cakes, brakes, and boxes

I went to my 2nd cake decorating class last night. We had to take a cake that had been covered with icing and then we learned a few different things with some of our new tools. We were supposed to make a rainbow. Not for me... the Red Sox are currently in 1st place, so here's what I decided to do...

I realized last week that I should get my brakes checked. I felt like I needed new ones, and was going to take it over to Henstrom to see if they'd look at them, and I kept procrastinating. Then on Monday I was driving around and started hearing a grinding sound, that reminded me, not only do I need to get them checked, but I was probably doing more damage to my car. So, Justin took it in to a shop and they quoted us a price. Justin called his dad to make sure that was a fair price, and Scott said he wasn't doing anything at the shop that morning, and to bring the car in. So... he replaced my brakes for almost $300 less than we were going to pay. Yay for having our own auto shop and a father-in-law who can do that stuff for us.




Lastly, boxes. I hate them. I hate the empty ones -because it means I need to fill them. I hate the full ones, because no matter how many I fill, it doesn't seem to make a dent in the packing progress. When will it end?

2 comments:

  1. You better not be lifting heavy boxes! I'll kick your butt next time I see you (while unpregnant of course)!

    PS..Who are we kidding...we both know who beat who in Sumo wrestling and Huge Glove Boxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! hey Lafeen this is your buddy Davis responding from the mission (i was directed here by the mission web site) send me an e-mail at skibum_utah@yahoo.com and i'll get you an invite to my fams blog.

    ReplyDelete