Monday, August 25, 2008

A little out of the ordinary

I'm not normally a very romantic or sentimental person.

That's not to say I don't recognize or appreciate romantic or sentimental things, it's just that I don't show a lot of excitement when they happen. (For those of you in my family, just think to yourself, "Oh my heck, pants.")

I could blame it on one half of my parents, who in turn could blame it on at least one half of his parents... I guess Hardcastles just don't get excited about stuff.

Luckily... opposites attract and I married a very romantic and sentimental person. Otherwise, as I mentioned to him last night, it just wouldn't have worked out.

If Justin had married someone more like him, NO ONE would want to be around that couple. They'd never stop saying I love you, or touching, or any other number of annoying public displays of affection, and it would become quite sickening to any bystanders.

On the flip side, if I had married someone like me, nothing important would ever get talked about, and the romance would probably be a thing of the past.


So, if I may, step out of my comfort zone and say Thank you, and I love you, to my husband. Because, "Oh my heck, flowers" were waiting on my desk when I got back from a morning appointment today.
PS.... These are not the flowers, but fairly close. I don't have my camera with me.

5 comments:

  1. There is an "ick" factor to this blog. I, too, lack sentimentality, I admit. But, "ick." Here's my English lesson for the week: Analogies.

    BLOG LOVE:Kathy::BLOG MUSIC:Mel

    I'm probably just jealous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good that Kent and Justin are becoming better friends. Do you think maybe Justin could do a little coaching for Kent. Even when he is specifically asked to buy me flowers (like when I had Braxton) all I get is "I meant to do it, but I ran out of time." Way to go Justin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boss sends me flowers every week... well I have to share them with my receptionist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very thoughtful. Rami was a lot better at stuff like this when we were dating but has definately slacked off in the past few years.

    Hope all is well. Can't wait to see pictures of the little one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you see Justin why you don't send flowers. You're getting every other guy in trouble.

    ReplyDelete