Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Randomness without pictures (the worst kind)

I hate posting about things we've done when I don't have any pictures to go along with it. But... here it is, Wednesday, I haven't posted about the weekend, and I'm feeling like I'm neglecting the blog. And both of you who read it with any regularity.

We went on an activity with the youth in our ward this last weekend. The kids went boating on Friday, we camped that night, and then they floated the Provo River in tubes the next day. I say 'they' because I did none of it (well, I camped -and cooked) but other than that I was a bystander. Which only adds to the fact that I neglected my role as a bystander to take photo's. It was a fun weekend (despite the massive amounts of dutch oven cooking and cleaning that took place and NOT sleeping Friday night) and I came home very tired.

Justin enjoyed floating the river, and was a pretty good sport on the 2nd and longer of the two runs. One of the girls had a tube that was just too small, so he switched her. Which meant he essectially floated the river in a life jacket, spending some stretches running along the side of the river because the water was so low, all the while getting his legs pretty banged up by all of the rocks.

I had a water camera that I sent with one of the kids, and my plan is to take it in this week and get a CD with the images. So... who knows, maybe you WILL see a few pictures of the festivities.

I wanted to add one thing. This probably should go on the Baby Blog, but tomorrow I go in for my glucose test so I'll probably post about that later this week.

Don't you love it when you order things online (I'm addicted and do it FAR too often) and it ends up just being perfect? I've been looking for a diaper bag forever (or at least the last 26 weeks) and was really worried about buying one online, but the ones I have found in the store... just don't do it for me.
So, I ordered this bag (the green one) last week and it came yesterday. I'm not a mom yet and haven't even used it, but I love it already. I think I'm going to be very happy with it. I might not even mind carrying it around for the next couple of years. (What a committment.)


4 comments:

  1. I don't know if Justin has too many outfits that will match the sweet pee...then again I don't think Justin refers to his clothing in outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right on both comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want you to know that your poll allows for people to vote for up to 4 days after your delivery date (according to your skinny pregnant bitch countdown.) I will reserve my vote for after the birth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant believe that the count down is in the double digits... weird.

    ReplyDelete