Friday, August 15, 2008

Seriously?

I wasn't going to post this little story, I've told a few friends and coworkers, and was going to leave it at that.

That was before I saw this cartoon over at Garfield Minus Garfield...

I was at a home this week of my 'work kids' and his foster mom (who, to put it kindly, is a little nutty) figured out I was pregnant the week before at a court hearing.

She said to me, while we were talking at the kitchen table, "Why don't you wear those pregnancy shirts?" I was wearing a regular shirt, that still fits and I thought was still acceptable at this stage of the incubation. I answered that I do sometimes, but sometimes I wear other shirts too.

"Oh... well you just look FAT! If you wore those pregnancy shirts, you wouldn't look like you had one of those... what do they call it... a MUFFIN TOP".

Oh... okay, thanks.

If she was half-way sane, I may have actually taken offense.

7 comments:

  1. Melanie,
    you gotta love the stupid things that people say. I am still not sure if her comment would NOT have warranted her the winner of the IOTW though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate my muffin top...and I ain't even pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I have every used the word incubation in a serious conversation. The muffin top is the best part of the muffin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh the pregnancy comments. I loved going to work and getting a forecast from several people about how I was looking that day. On more that one occasion I had students let me know that "Mrs Sorensen you be fat now" Thank you, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's all I can say about that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. why are we letting nutty people be foster parents????

    ReplyDelete