Tuesday, October 7, 2008

If I had it MY way

I just loved my sisters post... and thought I'd attempt my own list. In fact... I would never suggest anyone be tagged, or make this an official meme... but, if you'd like, go for it.
*I'll apologize beforehand if a high percentage of the following are pregnancy related -you'll just have to deal with it.

-Girls (in general) could get ready for the day in the same amount of time as boys (in general).

-Caseworkers would have the same respect and lobbying power as teachers. We're working with kids too, ya know!

-Utah would show more Red Sox games on their network schedules... who cares about the Rockies?

-Monthly massages would be covered by my healthcare plan.

-Ice water would be just as refreshing as an occasional Diet Coke.

-Not sleeping through the night would start AFTER the baby was born... not 5 weeks into your pregnancy.

-It would be LESS expensive to eat healthy and organic, not more.

-Acne and other skin ailments would end at age 20. I'm not a teenager anymore, I've had enough.

-You could buy REAL New York pizza in Utah. When I first got back from New York, I tried all of the places that claimed to have New York style pizza... and was disappointed every time.

-Stores would be forced to carry ALL styles of pants in Long. Not just their boring, regular jeans.
-People (I'm thinking of my 'work kids') would care as much about themselves as other people care about them.

-Flip-flops would be appropriate to wear all year long and in all settings.

-All weight gained during pregnancy (because I'm trying to eat healthy and get all of the nutrients the baby and I need) would come off immediately upon giving birth.

4 comments:

  1. I whole heartedly agree with you on the pants thing. I'm on my third set of mail order pants in as many weeks trying to find a pair of tall jeans, khakis, cords, etc. that fit and don't look stupid.

    And- don't worry about the weigh, you'll get rid of most of it. I gained so much "water weight" in the last month or so with Elliott that it was "10 lbs" at every weekly dr. appt. By my 6 week post-partum I lost a whopping 41 lbs. That was awesome! The rest of the weight I gained never went away...except for the 9 lbs I lost of it this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really don't think water is as refreshing as Diet Coke? Ahh, there is nothing better than good ol' water :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree 100% with the acne thing... not with the flip flops; my mind needs a break from that slapping-walking rhythm they make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate all of the regular pants too. I am of course opposite needing short, at time or two I have found myself in the Junior and miss areas trying to get some pants.

    ReplyDelete