Tuesday, October 28, 2008

One month

I've managed to keep most of the baby stuff on the baby blog, to keep this one free of ALL BABY ALL THE TIME kind of feel.

However, as you can see from my little widget on the side... I have one month left. I vaguely remember 12 weeks, 25 weeks, even 30 weeks, when it felt like this would NEVER come. Ever since week 32 or 33, it started to seem like it was coming way too fast. I don't feel like it's coming too fast anymore (I'm very much looking forward to NOT being pregnant at this point), but I'm not quite sure I'm ready to have a baby.

Sometimes I start thinking about what a life-changing event this is... and then I get overwhelmed and so I try to think about specific things I need to get done (finish washing baby stuff, pack my bags, the LONG list of to-do's at work) and then I get overwhelmed with that, so I sit down and watch tv.

At any rate, it's coming whether we're ready or not.

6 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you. Though I see that Girl is just barley inching ahead of Boy. I need to find more computers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The time has gone by so fast! And I'm excited for Saturday. I only have 5 baby shower games ready so I guess we're about half way there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very funny about the games. It was a joke, right? Please, let it be a joke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa. 1 month left? That is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. k, I still haven't seen any pix of the preggo mommy! maybe I'm missing out on the baby blog, but since I can't look at it (no, no, it's fine), you better put something up there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melly, you will love it all, I promise. I will see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete