Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Giving Thanks

I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon and get into the 'spirit' of Thanksgiving.

I am thankful for...

-Gym time. Even though it cuts into my sleep time, I really need my gym time.

-My son. Just about everything about him. I'm pretty sure he was a 'better-than-average' baby. He slept pretty well, didn't spit up a lot or have a bad tummy very often. And, I know it's not 'normal' for a kid his age to still take 2 or even 3 naps a day, but I love those too.

-My husband. He may have a million things going on, but he's determined to create a safe and secure life and lifestyle for our family. So, even if we buy a new business without me even knowing about it, I suppose it's better than a guy who spends his time watching sports or playing video games all of the time.

-Being a stay-at-home mom. I'm thankful that we've made choices in our life before and since having the Little Man that allow me to stay at home.

-Our home. We're lucky to have a new home where we don't have to worry about needing a new furnace or roof. We have enough room for our family, with room to grow.

-My car. My 18 year old car. It runs well and we haven't made a car payment for years. Also, with the 3 or 4 auto repair shops we own, it'll be running for as long as we need/want it to.

-Friends. I love the occasional lunches, eyebrow waxing, or trips to the park that keep me sane.

-My testimony and membership in the church.

-Access to affordable health care. We are so blessed to have good insurance that we can afford every month and see doctors that we like.

-My cell phone. The blackberry may just fuel my addiction to 'staying in touch' but it's nice to have.

-Laptops.

-Digital Camera's

-DVR

-Online shopping and free shipping

3 comments:

  1. Good ones Mel!

    It was great to see you and the little man today. I think I would go through withdrawals if we didn't do our occasional lunches :)

    Good luck on the five miler!!

    ReplyDelete