Saturday, November 7, 2009

Me time.

Compared to most mothers in similar situations, I have to admit I think I have more 'me time' than most.

I came to this conclusion this morning driving home from my sisters at 11:30. I had been to the gym (yes, 6:30 even on a Saturday), showered (I was really gross -today was a running day), ran to the grocery store, met the Young Women at the church for an hour to help clean, and did an hour of Pilate's with my sister.

My husband works a lot. Although, I think he works 'smart' not necessary 'hard', if that makes any sense. The majority of his work is done from home, so I think that affords me some extra 'me time' throughout the day, most days. That, and my kid STILL takes 2, some days even 3, naps.

In fact, I know the hour I spend at the gym in the morning (before the Little Man wakes up) is my salvation, and I notice it if I even miss a single day. Not so much in my body, which is still very much a work in progress, but mentally and emotionally I need to work out everyday, or things seem to fall apart very easily and often.

Since I try to avoid all things 'mushy' and sentimental in my life, but knowing that Justin doesn't read the blog very often, I think I can safely say that I appreciate the extra time he spends with the Little Man so I can spend some time by myself. Thanks honey, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment