Thursday, November 19, 2009

What a difference a year makes

I was planning on doing this a little closer to the Little Man's birthday, but looking at my 'to-do' list to get the ready for the party, I thought I should at least get started.




One year ago today I was pregnant. Very pregnant. I was miserable and was trying everything and nearly anything to induce labor. I was excited and nervous and was certain that even natural child birth had to be better than being 9 months pregnant.




I was wrong.




I didn't sleep well and had intense heartburn constantly. I hoped that once I was no longer pregnant I would no longer have to get up 3 times a night (to pee).


I was wrong.



I was pretty sure we were having a boy and had convinced myself I could make it through labor without drugs.



At least I got a couple things right.



Now, a year later, I sleep through the night. I no longer have heartburn, and other than my dumb hip and knee (trying to train for a 5 mile run) I feel pretty good.

And of course, our lives have changed forever because of this Little Man.


2 comments:

  1. PLEASE tell me that Justin isn't really driving with baby H on his lap...PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, all around town (or my parents as we were getting pictures taken). Isn't he such a big boy!?

    ReplyDelete