Friday, November 20, 2009

So far

I've baked 1 huge cake (I did a small one earlier in the week) and 24 or so cupcakes.

I've crumb-coated said large cake and small cake. I haven't touched the cupcakes or done the decorating (that's for later).

I've made 2 Quiches. (Asparagus and bacon) I need to make 4 more tomorrow morning, but all 6 wouldn't fit in my oven.

I've made 6 cups of buttercream and a couple cups of chocolate cream cheese frosting.

I've iced a couple dozen cookies (baked 2 days ago) with color fast frosting. I still need to ice a couple more dozen tonight.

I've filled and emptied the dishwasher twice, and I'm sure I'll do it once more.

Despite trying to clean up after each project, my kitchen is an absolute mess. That'll have to wait until later too.

I ran 5 miles. Mostly ran. I walked about 10 minutes throughout the 65 minutes. Who knew I would miss a 5 K. What kind of race is 5 MILES??

I'm not quite sure why I was determined to make everything from scratch for the Little Man's birthday, I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that I won't for the next one.

2 comments:

  1. Now you see why I ended up buying the cupcakes for her first bday...:) Do you want me to come over in the morning to clean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just listening to all that makes me tired. I guess you have to do that all with the first one, because I am sure once you get a couple more it will have to be a simpler version :)

    ReplyDelete