Thursday, November 26, 2009

Out for the count

So Melanie has been consistently blogging on track for this National Blogging Month and...well...unfortunately, she's out for the count right now. Too much exercise and too much food in one day is what I say.

Melanie, Jodi and Jessica all went and ran some 4.5 mile thing this morning. I admire these girls who can get up early enough to drive 40 minutes and run 4.5 miles - I should have gone too since I knew then what was coming for Thanksgiving dinner.

Once again, I was trapped in that awful tradition of eating too much and feeling sorry afterward. You'd think I'd learn after 28+ years of consistently shoveling in the turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, potatoes and gravy, salad, rolls (plural), not to mention the pieces (plural, again) of pie.

Nope.

At any rate, it appears that something didn't sit perfectly well for Melanie and she needed to go to bed early. I checked out the blog and thought she might be a bit disappointed that she didn't post. So here I am, illegally using her login to - in the very least - put a placeholder in for a future update from my beautiful wife.

In closing on this wonderful holiday I have to declare my gratitude for Melanie and all the things she does for me that I sometimes don't recognize as frequently as I should. Just to name a few: She works hard to keep Hyrum happy and he loves her so much. She always looks for a good deal at the grocery store and usually comes home with extra stuff for our food storage (yes, we have about 24 boxes of cereal, but I can live on that for several weeks). She puts up with my eccentricities (who me?). Basically, she's beautiful!

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment: